Is Leadership important? Am I a Leader? Can I be a Leader? These are the questions that we usually ponder upon. Even I used to think the same. Leadership? What is a Leader? Like everyone even I googled it and all I got was a textbook answer which I can’t apply nor rely on. And after I began my leadership journey and after interviewing leaders in their respective fields, I realised there is no specific answer for this question BUT great leaders have specific traits. And guess what? If you are wondering can you be a leader, the answer is “NO” you can’t just be a leader you can be a “GREAT LEADER”. And trust me you don’t need to have a “title” to be a Leader and Great Leaders will have specific traits.
Ofcource Leadership is important because it brings the best out of others, you will inspire others to do well, achieve more and dream more. Isn’t it what you want? And leadership is never about you it’s about others and it’s your responsibility to be a Leader because the world needs great leaders.
Traits of a Leader
I know you might have heard it a million times by now but this is the core of a Leader. A Leader never blames anyone else. If the team fails a Leader takes all the blame rather than shifting the blame on other team members. Below is one of my favourite examples for taking responsibility as a Leader
2) Empathy and perspective
Leaders always make sure they understand very well and have a better perspective. Watch this video below
3) Leaders can make magic happen
A leader can achieve goals that others think it’s impossible. Leaders will have a clear vision. A classic example is Steve Jobs, one of the entrepreneurs whom I adore and perhaps even you too. If you have watched the apple product launches when he was there, it was something exciting. We knew his vision was to truly create something wonderful. He made sure Apple as a company created something extraordinary. ANd the core of this is “SELF BELIEF” You need to be BELIEVE in yourself trust me, magic happens.
Do you really think great achievers never doubted themself? When a thing doesn’t work they would have self-doubt for a couple of minutes that’s how our mind is designed but they follow their gut feeling or instincts and work towards it. And at the end they make magic happen. You don’t need a magic wand all you need is to believe in MAGIC – Make A Great Impactful Communication with yourself.
These are basic traits of a Leader. I really hope this blog has added value to you.
Step by Step guide to public speaking, storytelling secrets and leadership secrets
- Speech writing format : Guide to craft a speech
- Practical tips to overcome stage fright or Public speaking anxiety
- Why you should captivate audience in first 7 seconds
- Powerful techniques to open your speech or presentation
- Things to avoid while starting a speech
- Monroe’s Motivated Sequence: Ultimate technique for crafting a motivational speech
- Sound writing : Secret technique to take your speech from good to great
- Secret language which leaders use: Unlock a leader in you
- Why Leadership is important? Can I be a leader?
- How storytelling can change your life
- Storytelling elements: Guide to ace storytelling
- Storytelling secrets : The 4th S of storytelling
- Storytelling secrets : Angel’s Cocktail and Devil’s Cocktail
- What is public speaking? Can anyone be public speaker
- Sins of public speaking. Public speaking mistakes to avoid
- Public speaking secrets: Body Language the language of great speakers
- Ultimate revelation about how to select unique speech topic or message
- 40 powerful leadership quotes to rekindle leader in you
- Unique and rare motivational speaker Tony Robbins quotes to impact you
- 33 powerful quotes for storytelling (of 1000) to spellbound anyone
If you feel, our content adds value to your time, do subscribe to our newsletter and share it with your friends.
Note: This blog is not a bible for public speaking. These steps or techniques are most widely used by creative speakers. If you have your own process which you follow, do share it with us in our comment section. If you have any queries or thoughts to share, do leave a comment below.